Your school nurse serves as a health resource to you and your child, and is a link between home and school regarding health concerns. Your school nurse provides nursing care for accidents, illnesses and other medical situations. Your school nurse is also there to assist in promoting good health and in maintaining a healthy, safe environment for staff and students. Please feel free to contact the school nurse at your child's school with any health concerns or questions you may have.
Lowell Public School students visit the nurse's office on a daily basis for a variety of needs. School nurses help keep students learning in the classroom and on target with educational guidelines.
The School Nurse provides the following services.
- Acute care management for illness and injury.
- Medication administration.
- Health education - student, staff and parent(s).
- Assessment of growth and development.
- Conduct state-mandated health screenings.
- Monitor students' compliance with state immunization laws.
- Detect, plan, treat, refer and follow-up on health problems.
- Provide Life Threatening Allergy Training to all school staff and faculty.
- Allergy Anaphylaxis Care Plan (PDF)
- Allergy and Epi Pen Policy (PDF)
- Authorization to release medical record information (PDF)
- Consent for Medical Procedure (PDF)
- Consent for Medication Administration Plan 2014 (PDF)
- Enterovirus D68 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- EV68-infographic (PDF)
- Head Lice (Pediculosis) Management Policy LPS 2012 (PDF)
- Head Lice Flow Chart (PDF)
- Head Lice Letter from your school nurse (PDF)
- Head Lice Screen Information for Parents (PDF)
- Lice Letterhead (PDF)
- Lice Notes from the Nurse (PDF)
- Mass DPH Clinical Advisory, Enterovirus, Sept. 2014 (PDF)
- Medical Emergency Form (PDF)
- Medical Forms Release Authorization (PDF)
- Medication Order (PDF)
- Nurses Top 10 Facts About Lice (PDF)
- Parent Guide (PDF)
- Parental Allergy Letter (PDF)
- School Summer Feeding Program 2014 (PDF)