Real Estate Taxes
Tax bills are issued and due the same time every year.
The schedule is:
- 1st Quarter: Issued July 1st, Due 1st business day of August
- 2nd Quarter: Issued October 1st, Due 1st business day of November
- 3rd Quarter: Issued January 1st, Due 1st business day of February
- 4th Quarter: Issued April 1st, Due 1st business day of May
Payment made after due date will result in interest of 14% per annum. Postmarks are not accepted as payments are applied upon the date they are received. If tax is not paid in full by May 1st, a $30 demand fee will be applied to the balance due. Any taxes that remain unpaid to the following fiscal year may result in a tax lien and eventual tax taking.
How to Make a Payment
- Payment by credit card or electronic check may be made online through Invoice Cloud.
- Payment by credit card or electronic check may be made over the phone by calling 877-675-1669.
- Payment by check or money order may be mailed to the Office of the City Treasurer. Please make sure to clearly indicate the bill number and property address. Please do not mail cash.
- Payment by cash, check, or money order may be made in person at:
Office of the City Treasurer in City Hall
375 Merrimack Street
1st Floor Room 30
Lowell, MA 01852
Who to Contact with Questions
Any questions in regards to billing or adjustments should be directed to the Assessor's Office who may be reached at 978-674-4200.