Image on the left, wrapped
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that Walker Street, between Waugh Street and West Adams Street, in Lowell will be closed beginning on Friday, October 18, and continuing through to Tuesday, October 29. This roadway closure is necessary to allow crews to safely and effectively rehabilitate the Walker Street Bridge.
Detours will be in place as follows:
· Southbound access to Walker Street will be closed at Waugh Street with traffic detoured right onto Waugh Street, left onto Wilder Street, left onto West Adams Street and right onto Walker Street.
· Northbound access to Walker Street will be closed at West Adams Street with traffic detoured left onto West Adams Street, right onto Wilder Street, right onto Waugh Street and left onto Walker Street.
· Walker Street southbound will be open to abutters only between Waugh Street and the Walker Street Bridge.
· Walker Street northbound will be open to abutters only between West Adams Street to the Walker Street Bridge.
Those traveling through the area should expect delays, reduce speed and use caution. Appropriate signage, law enforcement details and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
This work is part of a $5.3 million District 4 bridge deck and wearing surface maintenance contract.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.