Agenda for City Council on October 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY OCTOBER 14, 2008
TIME 6:30 PM
James Cook, Lowell Plan address Council re:Smith Baker Center.
Presentation of check for $2,500 to C. R. Mercier for Friends of COA Bus Campaign.
Mayor declare October as National Physical Therapy Month.
1. Minutes of September 23rd for acceptance.
PUBLIC HEARINGS (scheduled for 7PM)
2. Ordinance-Ch. 18, Article IV, Sec. 18-192, Annual Sewer Use Charges.
3. Ordinance-Ch. 11, License & Permit Fees, Use of Parks.
4. Ordinance-Ch. 13, Motor Vehicles & Traffic, Quarterly Ordinance.
5. Order of Taking & Acceptance-Oberlin Ave, Carly Way, Bridget Ln & O'Heir Way.
6. Pole loc.-National Grid to place 1 pole Plain St.
7. Communication-From City Manager, responses to Council Motions/Requests.
8. Communication-From Manager, request approval Out of State Travel.
9. Ordinance-Amend Fees/Licenses Sec. 150-31 (Trash).
10. Vote-Petition Legislature, Act Prohibiting Certain Dumping in City.
11. Vote-Petition Legislature, 20 Year Lease JAM Garage.
12. Vote-Amend Petition to Legislature, Funeral/Burial Expenses, Employees.
13. Order-Traffic Regulations 60 Day Trial.
14. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $28,378 Fire, Equipment.
15. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $843 Fire, Emergency Response.
16. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $10,200 Fire, SAFE Grant.
17. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $1 Mill DPD, Community Development.
18. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $350,000 DPD, Mass Cultural Affairs.
19. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant $10,517 Health, Emergency Response.
20. Communication-From Manager accept resignation Joy Onasch, Conservation Comm.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
21. Wire Insp.-Report on Verizon to place 40 ft conduit in W. 3rd St.
22. Misc.-Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities-Req. 15 Min Zone @174 Central St.
23. Mark Goldman-Req. address Council re: The Future of Lowell.
24. District 1, Grand Kru County Liberia req. Establish Sister City Relationship.
25. Pole loc-National Grid to place 1 pole Chelmsford St.
26. Claims-5 claims property damage
27. C. Martin-Req. Council amend Ordinance re: Installation of Driveways.
28. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr/CFO report on FY 09 Budget, status collections/expenditures.
29. C. Kazanjian-Req. Mgr. report on parking issues @ Powell and E Streets.
30. C. Kazanjian-Req. Mgr. look into excessive trash @ 230-232 Lincoln St.
31. C. Martin-Req. Mgr. have Traffic Engineer look into 4 W/Stop @Hall & Suffolk Sts.
32. C. Milinazzo-Req. Council support application to DHCD re:redevelop foreclosed properties etc.
33. C. A. Mercier-Req. Mgr. report on status of University Ave. Bridge repairs.
34. C. R. Mercier-Req. Mgr. have proper dept place No Parking Signs left side North St.
35. C. Broderick-Req. Mgr. update Council on Governors plan re:Fiscal Issues etc.
36. M. Caulfield-Req. Auditor report on Free Cash/Surplus Cash etc.
37. M. Caulfield-Req. Mgr. formulate plan to address speculated reductions in State Budget/Local Aid.