Agenda for City Council on April 10, 2012, 06:30 PM
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY APRIL 10, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Proclamation: Matthew Boger, New England Organ Bank, recognizing April as Donate Life Month in Lowell.
2. Minutes of Special Meeting March 27th, Transportation SC April 3rd, Council Meeting April 3rd for acceptance.
3. Communication - From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
4. Communication - From City Manager Refer for Public Review and Comment period the FY 2012 Edward Byrne Memorial Assistance Local Grant Application.
5. Communication - From City Manager request approval of Out of State Travel, (1) Police, (1) Wastewater.
6. Order - 60 day trial
7. Vote - Transfer funds for Street Lighting
8. Vote - Transfer funds for Veterans' Benefits
9. Communication - Accept resignation of Vesna Nuon from Board of Appeals.
10. Communication - Zoning Board of Appeals Appointments -Appoint Dennis McCarthy to fill position vacated by Vesna Nuon on Board of Appeals, term expiring 6/30/16, and appoint Ms. Melissa M. Carino to fill alternate position vacated by Dennis McCarthy, term expiring 6/30/16.
11. Communication - Accept resignation of Robert B. Mellen, Sr. from Conservation Commission.
12. Communication - Conservation Commission Appointments: Appoint Ms. Katelyn Biedron to fill position vacated by Robert B. Mellen Sr., term expiring 6/30/13; reappoint Christopher Zacharer to 3 year term expiring 6/30/14; reappoint Louisa Varnum and Alysha Lynch to terms expiring 6/30/15.
13. Communication - Reappoint Lynne Brown Zounes to Veteran's Square Committee as City Manager's designee.
14. Communication - From Mayor, Appointment of Robert Page to Veteran's Square Committee as Mayor's designee.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
15. Misc. - John E. Martin, 200 Cross Street, Lowell, Ma request a Handicap Parking Sign.
16. Extenet Systems, Inc. - Request to install fiber optic cable and nodes, antenna on poles Bowers St. to Salem St. and Salem St. to Cabot St.
17. C. Kennedy - Req. Mgr. report on the unsafe bleachers, debris, plumbing issues and other maintenance issues at Cawley/Stoklosa sports complex.
18. C. Mercier - Req. Mgr. send letter to FERC opposing installation of inflatable dam and not sign MOA.
19. C. Lorrey - Req. Mgr. have proper dept. develop summer safety program for use by departments.
20. C. Lorrey - Req. City Council send letter of support for House Bill 03840 (Police Officers access to probation records).
21. C. Broderick - Req. Mgr. have appropriate dept. work with East Pawtucketville Neighborhood Group regarding signage and streetscape along University Avenue.
22. C. Broderick - Req. Mgr. have Police Dept. work with East Pawtucketville Neighborhood Group and Umass Lowell Police regarding disorderly behavior of students.
23. C. Elliott - Req. City Council vote to instruct City Mgr. to develop the FY13 Budget without property tax increase.
24. C. Elliott - Req. City Council discuss implications regarding Verizon Spectrum purchase, deregulation and effects on consumers in the City.
25. C. Martin - Req. City Council to adopt resolution in support of House Bill 1355 regarding mandatory mediation prior to foreclosure.
26. M. Murphy/C. Lorrey - Req. City Council adopt an Act relative to Living Organ Donation/Live Organ Leave, a law that allows City employees to take 30 days paid leave for live organ donation.