Agenda for City Council on May 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY MAY 1, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of City Council April 10th, Public Safety S/C April 24th, Special Meeting City Council (City Auditor) April 24th for acceptance.
2. Vote - Amend City Council rules
UTILITY PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
3. National Grid/Verizon New England-Remove and replace poles on Middlesex Street.
4. National Grid-Install underground conduits on Bridge Street.
5. Communication - From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
6. Communication - From City Manager request approval of Out of State Travel, (3) DPD; (3) LPD.
7. Order - 60 day trial (31 Crowley St. and 200 Cross St.)
8. Vote - Approve sidewalk seating agreement 280 Central Inc. dba Ward Eight (280 Central St)
9. Resolution - Support House Bill 1355 regarding mandatory mediation w/Judicial review.
10. Vote - Ratify Memorandum of Understanding Local 1705
11. Vote - Approve Fed FY 2012-2013 Annual Action Plan and Amend Fed FY 2011-2012 Annual Action Plan
12. Vote - Auth Mgr execute License Agreement w/UML to use portion of parking lot at Sheehy Park
13. Vote - Transfer ($12,000) to Cemetery to repair approx. 50 monuments at Edson Cemetery.
14. Vote - Accept Easement from Residents First Development Corp for construction of public infrastructure at River's Edge on the Concord Development site.
15. Communication - Accept resignation from Amie Stevens (Lowell Historic Board)
16. Communication - Reappoint John J. Linnehan to Board of Parks
17. Communication - Reappoint Girard Largay to Cemetery Commission
18. Communication - Reappoint Eleanor Belanger and Joan Bedford to Council on Aging
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
19. Public Safety Sub/Committee Report from April 24, 2012.
20. Technology & Utilities Sub/Committee Report from May 1, 2012.
21. Wire Insp. - National Grid and Verizon New England - Pole location Willie Street.
22. Wire Insp. - National Grid and Verizon New England - (3) Pole locations Middlesex Street.
23. Claims - (1) claim for property damage, (1) claim personal Injury.
24. Misc. - Thomas Lynch, Lowell, Ma request a Handicap Parking Sign 401 Lincoln Street.
25. Misc. - Diego Garcia, Lowell, MA request a Handicap Parking Sign 55 Willow Street.
26. C. Nuon - Request the City Mgr. have the appropriate department install crosswalk between Branch and Nichols Streets.
27. C. Nuon - Request the City Mgr. have the appropriate department replace street light at 30 Berry Street.
28. C. Mercier - Request the City Mgr. find out what the problem is with the air conditioning unit at the Stoklosa School and what measures will be taken to correct the A/C problem for the summer school students.
29. C. Mercier - Request the City Mgr. report on status of consolidation of Cemetery with DPW crew.
30. C. Lorrey - Request the City Mgr. report on number of private contracts and amount spent on selected departments.
31. C. Lorrey - Request the City Mgr. report on unfilled positions in DPW, City Hall, Police and Fire Departments.
32. C. Lorrey - Request the City Mgr. have proper department report on feasibility of running sewer line to Lowell Youth Soccer Facility.
33. C. Kennedy - Request Mayor create and Ad-Hoc Subcommittee regarding the selling of municipal lien bundles.
34. M. Murphy/C. Nuon - Req. Mgr. develop application for Sustainable Materials Recovery Program grant to increase diversion of organics from waste stream, or to broaden the school recycling program.
35. M. Murphy/C. Nuon - Req. Mgr. explore a Percent for the Arts policy and other ways to encourage public art throughout the city.
36. M. Murphy - Req. Council consider home rule petition to allow public legal notices to be posted on the city website in lieu of current costly requirements.