Agenda for City Council on July 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY JULY 24, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Communication - Mayor's Office on Sister City Initiative.
2. Communication - Mayor's Office Clerk/Auditor Oversight Subcommittee appointments.
3. Proclamation - Mayor Murphy to present to Dorcas Grigg-Saito, CEO of Lowell Community Health Center, recognizing “National Health Center Week”.
4. Minutes of City Council Meeting July 10th, for acceptance.
UTILITY PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
5. Pole Loc. - National Grid and Verizon New England, install (1) pole Wilder Street.
6. Communication-From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
7. Communication - From City Manager request approval of Out of State Travel (1) LPD.
8. Ordinance - Quarterly Traffic July 2012.
9. Ordinance - Implementing FY 13 Budget.
10. Vote - License Agreement (Sidewalk Seating) - Ahmad Jassim. d/b/a Abu Nawas Restaurant (19 Hurd Street).
11. Vote - Establish Lowell Housing Development (HD) Zone.
12. Vote - Approving Lowell Housing Development (HD) Zone Plan.
13. Vote - Authorizing future Tax Increment Exemption Agreements between City of Lowell and qualified Housing Development (HD) Projects.
14. Communication - Reappointing William Bailey to the Zoning Board of Appeals for term ending June 30, 2017.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
15. Wire Inspector - Comcast of Southern NE, Inc. - Request placing conduit along Merrimack Street.
16. National Grid and Verizon NE, Inc. - Request pole location on Tenth Street.
17. National Grid - Request to install two (2) poles on Edwards Street.
18. Claims (1) claim for personal injury; (1) claim property damage.
19. Misc. - Daly Realty Trust I, David T. Daly, Trustee request for zoning change 219 Westview Road.
20. C. Kennedy - Req. City Mgr. report on status and development plans for Central Business District pursuant to Section 13 of Chapter 844 of the Mass. Acts of 1975.
21. C. Kennedy - Req. City Mgr. have City Solicitor provide a report, options and possible recommendations regarding Section 14E of Mass. General Laws Ch. 71 and for matter entitled Kelleher v. Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School District (1986) (1st Federal Circuit Court of Appeals).
22. C. Kennedy - Req. City Mgr. have proper department remedy drainage problem in the vicinity of 275 Douglas Road.
23. C. Kennedy - Req. City Mgr. appoint or re-appoint two members to the Planning Board.
24. C. Kennedy - Req. City Auditor provide City Council with recent internal audit of the Parking Department.
25. C. Mercier - Req. City Mgr. have an outside, independent, knowledgeable, neutral party that works on fire dept. vehicles other than someone that works for Pierce take a look at our Pierce vehicles ie; engine 11, its twin engine 6, and ladder 4 on W. Sixth St. to evaluate the condition of these three Pierce manufactured vehicles before the warranty runs out, and report the findings.
26. C. Mercier/M. Murphy - Req. City Council refer new license rules and regulations to the Public Safety S/C and invite License Commissioner to attend as well.
27. C. Elliott - Req. City increase police presence in location of Fr. Maguire Park.
28. C. Elliott - Req. City Mgr. investigate federal grant opportunities at National Department of Transportation, for traffic improvements for intersection of VFW/Mammoth Rd. and other dangerous intersections in City that meet criteria.
29. C. Elliott - Req. City Mgr. update council on solar array at landfill.
30. C. Lorrey - Req. City Mgr. work with Police Supt. on expanding police presence downtown.