Department of Public Works
What We Do
Lowell’s Department of Public Works (DPW) oversees and provides citizens with a variety of services including roadway and sidewalk construction and maintenance, solid waste and recycling pickup, park maintenance, street light repair, snow plowing and water and wastewater management.
Our divisions work on a daily, seasonal and year-round basis to deliver these services in a timely and efficient manner. Individual division pages or specific service request forms can be accessed by clicking on the tabs at left.
We take pride in our efforts to meet the needs of our community and we welcome citizen support and feedback. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, requests or suggestions.
Click on the links below to route you to our online service request system to submit the following requests:
- Broken Trash Cart Report
- Catch Basin, Sewer Backups and Street Flooding
- City Flag / Flagpole Issues
- Graffiti Cleanup
- Missed Pickup of Trash, Recycling, and/or Yard Waste
- Park Issues
- Plow Damage Report
- Pothole Report
- Report a Street Light Outage
- Report a Water Issue
- Sidewalk or Road Improvement Request
- Snow Removal (Streets)
- Tree Issues
- After the Storm: A Citizen's Guide to Understanding Stormwater
- EPA Office of Wastewater Management Links
- Phases of the NPDES Stormwater Program
- Erosivity Index Calculator for Construction sites
The Department of Public Works shifts from snow removal to repair and beautification mode. Parks are cleaned and flowers planted, little league fields brought out of hibernation, roads paved and streets swept.. For more information on Spring operations, click here.