The Engineering Division performs project reviews for both small and large projects. Some of the tasks performed are listed below.
The Engineering Division
- Reviews all proposed subdivision, special permit, and site plans relative to engineering design and City standards and requirements;
- Reviews all plans that are submitted for city board approval, again relative to sound engineering design and City standards and requirements;
- Performs all necessary field investigations required for associated plan reviews and inspections for all sanitary sewer and storm drain main installation and service connections;
- Performs survey, drafting and design plus prepare contract plans and specifications for many of the public sewer, drain, sidewalk, parking lot, landscape and intersection improvement projects through-out the City;
- Performs inspection of contracted projects and clerk-of-works duties for construction activities of the approved subdivisions.
Most projects are submitted to DPD Developmental Services. They manage the Planning Board process, ZBA applications, and Conservation Commission applications. Their procedures and a list of current projects under review can be found at the Development Services web site.