School Health Division
This division is made up of a Nursing Coordinator, 3 Clinical Nurse Managers, 28 School Nurse positions and 2 Vision & Hearing Screeners. The School Nursing Department can be contacted at 978-674-4305.
The primary role of the School Health Services is to improve student health, which will support student learning. The goals that guide the City of Lowell School Health Division include:
- Linking children and families with health insurance and a family doctor.
- Protecting the health and wellness of the school population as a whole.
- Insuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Providing learning opportunities to promote individual and community health.
- Insuring compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) Immunization requirements.
- Combining health education with health services to address the many issues affecting the health of students.
Should you have a question regarding the School Health Division, please contact the them directly at 978-674-4305. If you have a specific question for your child’s School Nurse, you can find contact information listed by school in the School Nurse Directory by Name of School.