What Services Does The School Nurse Provide?
- Conducts health screenings
- Medication Administration
- Health Education - student, staff & parent(s)
- Assessment of growth and development
- Monitors students compliance with state immunization laws
- Detect, plan, treat, refer and follow-up on health problems
Children must remain home if they have any of the following:
- A contagious illness like chicken pox, flu, or strep throat, until the doctor says it's safe to return or the child has been on antibiotics for 24 hrs.
- A rash or skin condition not diagnosed by a doctor.
- A fever that causes chills, sweating or muscle aches.
- Temperature over 100.4° within the past 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea.
- Red or pink eyes, or drainage from eyes.
- Head lice (live lice).
- Have been notified by the school nurse/ health department that immunizations are not up to date (exclusion notice is given after the 3rd warning).