MedicalUp one level
Pursuant to Chapter 69 of the Acts of 2011, the City of Lowell has transferred all its employees, retirees, and survivors to the Group Insurance Commission (GIC) health benefits as of July 1, 2012. The GIC offers high value health insurance plans which have earned the distinction of being among the top ten commercial health plans in the country. They include Tufts Health Plan, Harvard Pilgrim health Care, Neighborhood health Plan and Unicare to name a few. For retirees, the GIC offers Medicare supplemental and advantage plans. The plans offered include Unicare, Harvard Pilgrim Medicare Enhanced (supplemental plans) and Tufts Health plan Medicare Preferred HMO (advantage plans). More information on the health insurance options can be found on the GIC web site for you to view. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Relations Office @ 978-674-4105 or via e-mail to email@example.com
- GIC Required Documents
- Click on the link for the required documents when signing up for the health insurance, as required by the GIC.
- City of Lowell Benefit Enrollment Guideline
- CITY OF LOWELL BENEFIT ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES: The City of Lowell may add eligible members to their group medical on 1.) their initial eligibility date, 2.) during open enrollment (April through May currently) or 3.) within thirty days of a qualifying event. Please click on the link for complete details. Please click on the link below for GIC's required documents when enrolling.
- Benefits At A Glance FY 2014
- Click on the link for a quick overview of the health insurances being offered. More detailed information is available on the GIC website. A 2013-2014 Benefit Decision Guide wil be available at the Human Relations Office also.
- Enrollment Form - Active Employees and Non-Medicare Retirees
- FY2014 GIC Health Insurance Rates
- Weekly and Monthly Rates for new GIC Health Benefits
- Retirees and Survivors
- Retirees and Survivors please contact the GIC directly with any questions, updates and changes. 617-727-2310. Please also refer to the GIC website for additional information. Please click on the link below for the Medicare Retirees and Survivors Enrollment Form. All forms are returned directly to the GIC.