Welcome to the Recreation Department!
The Recreation department offers the most diverse programming possible, focusing on various programs designed to engage and entertain the City's kids, including:
- Arts & Crafts, for all ages
- Tiny Tots, for ages 3-4
- Youth Adventure, for ages 5-11
- Busy Bees, for all ages, and focused on summer school students
- Field Hockey & Lacrosse
- Swimming Lessons
- Tae Kwon Do
- Team Tennis Lessons
- Tennis Lessons (various levels)
Do you have your fall activities planned yet?
Go to www.lowellrec.com and register your household today so that you can sign up for this fall’s activities!
Registration is easy, providing you a single, consolidated, process for the entire household, which can be used 24x7 for any program/activity members may register for year after year. All registered households get to register for fall programs one week before the general public (walk in) will. Cutoff date to register in-house (non-electronically) will be 8/31/2016 in preparation for fall (September) activities. Please note that only electronic registrations will be accepted as of 1/1/2017.
One household every week will be chosen at random to win a pair of free movie passes to the Lowell Showcase Cinemas! *
* One pair of movie tickets will be given away weekly until 1/1/17 to new household accounts which registered during the prior week. No City employees or family members may participate in this giveaway.
For additional information check our Department Services page!
Make sure to visit our Recreational Partners page for additional information on local sports leagues and other recreational opportunities.