Branch St Fire Station
Scroll down for information about the Branch St Fire Station!
Torrent Engine House
This Fire Station was built in 1877 and is the home of Engine 2 and Ladder 2.
The origin of the name "Torrent" dates back to the 1840's and comes from the amount of water the steamer could pump-Torrents of water.
The station has been renovated several times over the past 123 years and received a Preservation Award in 1997 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is known as "The West Point" of the Lowell Fire Department.
E-2 is a 1996 E-ONE Sentry Standard 1250 GPM Pump.
Captain B. Dowling is the company commander
L-2 is a 1995 E-ONE 106' Hurricane Ladder.
Captain Robert Beane is the company commander.