Influenza (Flu) Information
Looking for a flu shot? Visit this site to find locations where you can get a flu shot!
Is it a Cold or the Flu? Knowing the difference between a cold and the flu can speed up your recovery!
|Runny / stuffy nose
Influenza (flu) is caused by a virus that spreads easily from person to person. When people with flu cough or sneeze, the flu virus is in the wet spray that comes out of their nose and mouth. The flu virus can also get on objects you touch.
Influenza can be a very serious disease, with complications that can sometimes require hospitalization, or even cause death.
Here's how you can prevent the spread of flu:
- Get a flu shot every year.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or in your inner elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Adults can spread flu for about 5 days.
- Children can spread flu for about 7 days.
- Use a household cleaner to clean objects that are touched often.
Visit these links for additional flu facts and information.