Welcome to the City of Lowell Health Department. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Lowell through effective public health strategies and the promotion of health equity.
Our vision is a healthy, thriving community for all.
We fulfill our mission through a wide range of public health programs.
- Communicable Disease Control and Management
- Immunizations for individuals and through vaccine clinics
- Health education and dissemination on various health topics
- School health for all students enrolled in the Lowell Public Schools
- Substance Abuse and Prevention efforts and resource dissemination
- Tobacco Control through compliance checks and enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness planning and services
- Safe Disposal of Unwanted Medication and Sharps (Needles)
- Permits including Tobacco, Body Art, and Massage
- Contract management of the City's Ambulance Provider, Trinity EMS
If you are looking for services related to the following, please call Development Services at 978-674-4144.
- Food Establishment Permits, Inspections, and Concerns
- Dumpster Permits and Concerns
- Marijuana Regulations
- Heating and Cooling Concerns
- Apartment Inspections and Landlord Concerns