- 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, twice monthly
- City Hall, 2nd floor, Council Chamber
375 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Agendas & Minutes
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
The License Commission adopts rules and regulations for licenses and license activity that address matters of local interest in compliance with the laws of the Commonwealth. It is the local authority for licenses affecting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Common victualler (restaurant)
- Lodging house
- Precious metals
- Public amusements
- Second hand motor vehicles
In according with License Commission policy: "An individual, a corporate officer, a manager of record or any other person who will be directly responsible for the business, entertainment, or special event for which a license is requested shall be required to appear at a meeting of the Lowell License Commission when said licensing board is scheduled to review the application filed by or on behalf of an individual, corporation, partnership, club, or association."
The licensing board may adopt rules and regulations in compliance with the Massachusetts General Laws and the Lowell Code of Ordinances.
|Title||Member Name||Term Exp. Date|
As of May 20, 2021, the License Commission requests that most applications include a work history for the business owner(s) and manager. You may attach a resume or CV that includes relevant experience.
- Application for Common Victualler
- Application for Special Events Permit for Amplified Outdoor Public Entertainment - rev 20210603
- Alcoholic Beverages Retail License Application - Overview and Guidelines
- Affidavit of Notice to Abutters and Others - for Alcoholic Beverage License Applicants
- Hawker Peddler - Fish Application (PDF)
- Hawker Peddler - Fruits and Vegetables Application (PDF)
- Lodging House License Application, Guideline, Extracts of Mass. Law (PDF)
- Public Amusement Application for Concerts & Shows (PDF)
- Second Hand Motor Vehicles Application, Regulations, Zoning Table (PDF)
- Sidewalk Stand Application (PDF)
- Special 1 Day App to Dispense Malt Bevs and Wines Only
- Special 1 Day App for Certified Galleries to Dispense Wines Only w-Regs
- Special 1 Day App for Nonprofits to Dispense All Alcoholic Beverages w-regs
- Application Automatic Amusement Device
- Application Entertainment
- City of Lowell License Commission CORI Request Form
- Alcohol Beverages Regulations for Licenses Issued by the Lowell License Commission (PDF)
- Lowell City Ordinance - Chapter 204. NOISE (PDF)
- Lowell City Ordinance Chapter 167 fruit, Vegetables, Fish, Temporary Vendors (PDF)
- Lowell City Ordinance Chapter 185 Junk and Secondhand Dealers in English and Spanish (PDF)
- Regulation that an Applicant is Required at License Commission Meetings (PDF)
- Regulations for Individual as Responsible Manager Issued a Special 1 Day License for Alcohol (PDF)