Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Lowell is using a Housing Choice Grant award from the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) to conduct a comprehensive parking strategy.
The Lowell Parking Study will review and analyze existing parking conditions including parking inventory, utilization, policies, management, regulations, and pricing, and analyze the parking supply and demand compared to existing land uses. The Parking Study will help ensure that the parking system is consistent with the City’s economic development and transportation planning goals, including the ongoing GoLowell Multimodal Complete Streets plan.
· Update Lowell’s parking system to reflect citywide policies and goals
· Improve the parking experience in Lowell
· Adjust parking pricing to better manage demand and system costs
· Cater to City’s economic development needs by reducing parking congestion and promoting parking availability
· Incentivize greater use of City’s parking garages
· Streamline the City’s residential parking programs
· Update the city’s parking standards to better match Lowell’s economic development transportation goals with developer needs
· Determine potential future parking needs to support growth in Downtown Lowell
Data and feedback will be collected from residents, visitors, business owners and stakeholders to understand how the current parking supply is used. A feedback form will be released in late Fall to allow residents to provide feedback on parking needs, concerns, and opportunities in Lowell. In addition, a survey will be shared as the Study progresses, along with an opportunity to share your parking issues, concerns, and ideas on an interactive map. Public meetings are anticipated to occur in early 2021.
If you would like to learn more about the project, please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GoLowell/ or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org