Plumbing & Gas Regulations Variance

How to Obtain a Variance

A property owner must obtain a variance from the State Board of Plumbers and Gas Fitters prior to the commencement of any work. Applications are available from the State Department of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (Division of Professional Licensure).


Comments, questions, or concerns related to Plumbing and Gas variances should be directed to the Division of Professional Licensure at 617-727-3074.