24-Hour Drop-off Kiosk
The City of Lowell now has a secured unwanted medication drop off kiosk located at the Lowell Police Department. This kiosk is a secured, locked receptacle designed to be a collection point for the unwanted medications and is available 24/7. There is a slot on the front of the kiosk that is capable of accepting sealed plastic bags containing pills only.
Kiosk GuidelinesWhen using the kiosk, please note the following:
- No sharps or liquids can be deposited into the kiosk!
- Please remove any pills you have out of their prescription bottles and place the pills into a sandwich sized "Ziploc" style sandwich bag no larger than two pieces of bread - approximately 1 1/4 inches thick - Before you arrive at the Police Department.
- Please remember - Pills only!
- You should bring the bottles with you in the event that you happen to get pulled over by the police for any reason on your way to the unwanted medication drop off at the station.
- The baggie must be sealed and fit into a slot that is about 1 1/4 inches thick.
- The police will not supply any packaging materials, and you can not package unwanted medications at the Police Department, so please make sure to pack and seal your pills at home.
- While there is no limit to the number of bags you can bring, please do not overfill the bags!
- The bag can not be any thicker than 1 1/4 inches (approximately the size of a sandwich with two slices of bread), or it won't fit into the kiosk slot.
- Make sure that the bag is completely sealed.
- If possible, please tape the edges of the bag to help assure that the bag is completely sealed and won't break.
- The pills should be ready for immediate deposit into the kiosk upon arrival to the station lobby.