Adopt An Island
The City of Lowell's Adopt an Island Program provides opportunities for companies, civic groups, institutions and individuals to adopt a traffic island or other public way green space and create attractive, welcoming "oases" throughout the City.
Guidelines provide information for two adoption options, in return for which an Adopt an Island sign recognizing the island's adopter is installed by the City.
- Under Option 1 adopters agree to invest "sweat equity" to maintain an island.
- Under Option 2 adopters pay a nominal annual fee and the City's Parks Department provides basic island maintenance.
To begin the process of becoming an Island Adopter check out the Guidelines and Review Application Form (PDF). Then, to find an island that suits your interest, check out the list of available spaces.
- Cawley Stadium 4 - 438 Douglas Road
- Cawley Stadium 7 - 438 Douglas Road
- Charles J. Bendziewicz - 71 Eugene Street
- Washington Street I - 30 Washington Parkway
- Washington Street III - 4 Washington Parkway
- Kazanjian Island - 18 Lincoln Parkway
- Finneral - 221 Lincoln Parkway
- Mount Vernon Park - 169 Third Street
- Holtham Square - 1107 Bridge Street
- Thorndike Street Planter
For more information contact the Neighborhood Services at 978-674-4030.