The Human Relations Office oversees and coordinates all employee related matters for the City of Lowell, including employment opportunities and benefits.
The Human Relations Office welcomes all previous, current, and prospective employees to learn more about Human Relations at the City of Lowell by visiting our pages located in the left hand column of this page.
The City of Lowell is pleased to announce the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) administered by UltraBenefits will resume effective October 1, 2023. For additional information, click here.
2024-2025 ANNUAL OPEN ENROLLMENT
Dates To Be Announced
This is your annual opportunity to enroll, disenroll, make changes to plans, and add/remove dependents to your benefits.
GIC medical plan information
GIC Medical Enrollment/Change Form:
IMPORTANT! Please review your medical benefits-FY 2024, effective 7/1/2023 there have been plan name changes, plan design changes, and copay changes
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
*NEW ENROLLEES: Complete and return the form directly to CPA by email or fax
FSA New Enrollee Form:
**IF YOU ARE ALREADY ENROLLED IN FSA: You will need to re-enroll online via the account portal. Re-enrollment is not automatic. You must renew each plan year. Please visit www.cpa125.com and follow the instructions below
******IMPORTANT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN CHANGES******!!
- AllWays Health Partners is now called Mass General Brigham Health Plan HMO plan.
- Harvard Independence and the Tufts Navigator will merge and become the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Explorer POS plan.
- Tufts Spirit and the Harvard Pilgrim Primary Choice will merge and become the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Quality HMO plan.
- Unicare Basic w/CIC for those living outside of New England will become Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Access America plan.
- Unicare Basic w/CIC for those living in New England will become Unicare Total Choice plan. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- If adding a spouse to medical/dental a copy of marriage certificate is required
- If adding a dependent to medical/ dental a copy of birth certificate is required
- School Dept employees enrolling for the first time will need to obtain an Eligibility Form from the School Dept HR Office.
- All changes become effective July 1st
- Deductions begin the first week of June
- Be sure to check your deductions on your payroll checks for accuracy. Any discrepancies should be immediately reported to HR-City Hall @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>