Citywide Parking Study
Study OverviewThe City of Lowell is using a Housing Choice Grant award from the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) to conduct a comprehensive parking strategy.
The Lowell Parking Study will review and analyze existing parking conditions including parking inventory, utilization, policies, management, regulations, and pricing, and analyze the parking supply and demand compared to existing land uses. The Parking Study will help ensure that the parking system is consistent with the City’s economic development and transportation planning goals, including the ongoing GoLowell Multimodal Complete Streets plan.
- Update Lowell’s parking system to reflect citywide policies and goals
- Improve the parking experience in Lowell
- Adjust parking pricing to better manage demand and system costs
- Cater to City’s economic development needs by reducing parking congestion and promoting parking availability
- Incentivize greater use of City’s parking garages
- Streamline the City’s residential parking programs
- Update the city’s parking standards to better match Lowell’s economic development transportation goals with developer needs
- Determine potential future parking needs to support growth in Downtown Lowell
- Belvidere/S. Lowell/ Sacred Heart - February 10, 2021
- Downtown/JAMBRA - February 11, 2021
- Pawtucketville & Centralville - February 24, 2021
- Acre, Back Central, Highlands - February 25, 2021 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
THE SURVEY IS GOING TO CLOSE ON MARCH 1, 2021. RESPOND TODAY!
The City of Lowell is developing a comprehensive parking strategy for its Downtown and Neighborhood Business Districts. This study will review and analyze existing parking conditions including parking inventory, utilization, policies, management, regulations, and pricing.
We want to understand more about your experience with parking in Lowell. Please take a few minutes to help us identify what has been working and what can be improved by taking our survey. The survey is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Khmer.
OR you can download the survey (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Khmer), fill it out, and mail it back or drop it off at the City's secure drop box to:
Department of Planning and Development
ATTN: Christine McCall
50 Arcand Drive Lowell, MA 01852