Using a Parking Kiosk
The City of Lowell's Parking and Garages Department has prepared an instructional video designed to assist residents, visitors, and others who park at our facilities with the use of the City's Parking Kiosks.
All kiosks are in effect Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The on-street meter rate is $0.30 for 12 minutes.
The majority of meters / Kiosks adhere to a maximum time limit, in which you will need to move your car after this time. If you extend your session beyond the maximum time limit you are now meter feeding and are subject to being ticketed.
Please note that all Kiosk run on real time.
Any parking longer than 2 hours should be parked in one of the six parking garages.
Find a Parking Kiosk
View the Parking Kiosks Locations (PDF) document to find Kiosks in the City.
Locate the Meter or Space NumberThe meter or space Number must be at the front of you vehicle. If it is a double headed meter or double space number sign, then the meter or space number may be at the rear of your vehicle.
Any person or company working in the downtown area and needs to have their work vehicle close to the site, may rent a meter / space bag. Please note the following information:
In no case should the meter or space number be in the middle of your vehicle.
"Bag" a Meter
- The cost is $14 per bag/space per day.
- There is a $50 deposit per space(which will be refunded when the bags are returned).
- Bags can be picked up at John St Parking Facility.
If a kiosk is not working, please complete the following steps:
- Call 978-551-3072. Hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Mention the Kiosk ID# which is located on the front top section and/or on the back of the Kiosk.
- Go to next closest Kiosk to pay.