Welcome to the City of Lowell’s Public Records page. On this page, you will find contact information for requesting public records, as well as some guidelines to help you with your request.
John Pyers is currently designated as our Records Access Officer (RAO).
There are several ways to request a copy of a public record:
- Submit an online form (often considered the most convenient method) here. When completing the form, please make sure to select the appropriate department from the drop-down menu.
- Submit a request in writing as follows: City Hall Law Department, Attn: RAO, 375 Merrimack Street 3rd Floor, Lowell MA 01852.
- Send an email to the RAO via email@example.com.
- Call the RAO via 978-674-4050.
- Fax a request to the RAO via 978-453-1510.
When requesting public records, please keep the following guidelines in mind to avoid delays:
- Please be as specific as possible in your request, including the department, document type and time period to help the City respond quickly and accurately
- The City will respond to your request in electronic format whenever possible, unless you specify otherwise.
- Depending on the extent of your request, the City may charge a fee for the production of records. If this is the case, you will be sent an invoice to be paid before the records are produced.
- Many public records are available online through the City's website. Please review the links provided on this page to see if the records you are requesting are already available.